Hockey Team Will Meet Strong Brown Six Tonight at Providence

Another tough game is in store for the varsity hockey team tonight when it travels to Providence to take on Brown in a Pentagonal League contest. But Coach Cooney Weiland, pleased by the sextet's improved showing in Monday night's loss to Northeastern, is "not disturbed" by the Bruins' six, three, and one record.

Brown, which hung up all of its wins against one loss and one tie against inter-collegiate competition before the exam period recess, has lost four of its varsity skaters because they failed exams. Defenseman Pat Goggin and wing Ron Urquhart, both sophomores, flunked out of college, and center Leo Setian and veteran defenseman Bob Maley have been declared ineligible because of academic failures. Since the departure of these men, the Bruins have played and lost their only game, 6 to 4, to Yale.

Bruins Still Have Good Men

The Bruins still have a powerful sextet, however, led by veteran linemen Don Sennott and Bob Wheeler. Sophomore Bob Copp has filled in capably for star goalie Don Whiston, who graduated last year. The Bruins have split in Pentagonal League competition, winning one game and losing one, both to the Elis. Wes Moulton's men placed fourth in the Eastern collegiate hockey poll held Monday, behind B.C., B.U., and Yale.

Welland was "very pleased" with his team's play against the Huskies. "If we keep playing as well as that," he said, "any team will have a tough time with us. We played excellent hockey, with lots of spirit. Some night we're going to get a flock of goals."

Tonight Weiland will start Nate Corning in the goal. He said that although Brad Richardson did a fine job against Northeastern, he wanted to alternate the two netminders. 'They're so even, I want to give them both an equal chance," he said.