Senator Green Talks Here in U.N. Council's Weekend Conference

Senator Theodore F. Green of Rhode Island will speak on the Strasbourg conference and European Union at 4:30 p.m. today in New Lecture Hall. Green's address will highlight a week-end conference of the New England Regional Collegiate Councils for the United Nations, sponsored by the Harvard United Nations Council.

At 10 a.m. this morning in Hunt Hall A. Daniel S. Cheever '39, assistant professor of Government, talks on "The United Nations as an Instrument of Total Diplomacy".

Some 150 delegates to the conference from colleges all over New England are erpected to registers at P.B.H., Samuel A. Olevson '54, conference committee chairman, said last night. The delegates, in the manner of the U.N. Assembly, will participate today in committee discussions of disarmament and Korean problems, with each registrant assigned to discuss a particular country. A plenary session of the mock General Assembly is scheduled for 2 p.m. tomorrow afternoon in Sever 11.

Olevson said discussions are also planned on Egypt, Formosa, and Jammu and Kashmir.

In addition to the formal practices of the U.N. many delegates gave indication last night that they would try to imitate the attitudes of the country they were assigned to represent in an effort to learn whether any real basis for disagreement exists.