Law Field Packed Says Lawyer, but New Areas Open

Although there is overcrowding in the field of Law, men planning to enter the profession should not be discouraged, Haskell Cohn stated at the Career Conference last night in Lowell Junior Common Room to an audience of 80 prospective lawyers.

Cohn, a member of the firm of Mintz, Levin, and Cohn, spoke for the "large law firm," and said that the relatively new areas of Labor and Administrative law, and the expanding fields of Tax and Anti-Trust law should provide ample opportunity for young lawyers.

Victor C. Harnish, who practices in Waltham discussed the rule of the dependent lawyer in the small community. He stressed the "creative" practice of law, looking behind what the client asks, and stated that the creative lawyer in a small community could be important as a "doctor of social ills."

Speaking for the field of corporation law, Paul F. Hannah, general counsel for the Raytheon Manufacturing Company, indicated the variety to be found in corporation work. He pointed out the advantage of salaried security, and the opportunity for advancement within the business framework.