HYRC Plans Own Conclave For April 23

Ike Club President Predicts Nomination for Eisenhower; Gov. McKeldin to Give Talk

On the heels of the announcement that the Young Republican Club will hold its mock presidential nominating convention on April 23, came the prediction from the president of the Eisenhower Club that Ike will win top spot by "one magnificent landslide on the second ballot."

Keynote speaker for the convention will be Theodore Roosevelt McKeldin of Maryland, the only Republican governor in the Southern Conference of Governors. Stressing his fine speaking abilities, Edmond R. Schroeder '53, president of the H.Y.R.C., said he is "practically a callback of the great orators of past centuries."

Commenting on the significance of the convention's outcome, Schroeder declared that the results "will not constitute an endorsement by the H.Y.R.C., but rather an expression of Harvard Republican sentiment." He added that the Young Republicans will back whomever the national convention chooses.

Ike Will Win

"I predict Ike will easily be the choice of the convention." Earl M. Kulp '52, president of the Eisenhower Club, stated last night.

On the national political scene Kulp stated that had the Minnesota Eisenhower organization had more than three days to conduct its write-in campaign, the five star General "would have carried the state."

Because of room limitations, the state delegations will be at half of their regular strength, with each delegate having two votes. Students from Wellesley and Babson Institute will be invited to fill any gaps left in various state delegations.