Alumni Give Job Seeking Advice

Jobless seniors can find first-hand information on opportunities in their region or their field in general by contacting alumni advisers in their area over spring vacation. Alexander Clark (pictured above). Director of the Office of Student Placement, said yesterday.

Alumni in various fields throughout the country have been contacted by the Office of Student Employment. Those who showed interest were appointed as alumni advisers. Ranging from presidents of large corporations to men just a few years out of Harvard, they are in a position to advise on the various practical details of their fields. This information, according to Louis L. Newby, Jr., Placement Officer, is the kind "that one cannot find in the various company pamphlets."

Over 300 advisers are on the Office's list. Seniors are urged to stop in at the Office in the next few days to make appointments for conferences during vacation.

Newby said the program, which was originated in 1948, "is in line with the fundamental concept of the Harvard Placement Office: an educational approach to placement, where the student benefits both by getting the most advantageous job and also gets experience finding the job and meeting people."