'55 Sextet Romps, 9-1, Over Burrillville H.S.; Favored in Yale Game

The rampaging freshman hockey squad belied predictions as they blasted Burrillville High School, 9 to 1, at the Arena, yesterday afternoon.

The freshmen were scoring practically at will as Ned Blise led the way hitting for three, Doug Manchester for two, and Frank Mahoney, John Amory, Ned Almy, and Scott Cooledge each getting one.

Defense work was particularly sharp and checks vicious: Mrkonich played his usual rough and effective game and George Bueller, returning after a prolonged injury, showed that the layoff had not hindered him.

Switching to center to replace Captain Bob Marsolais. Frank Mahoney, besides scoring one goal, showed possibilities of being an excellent play maker. In the cage Carl Hathaway played possibly his best game. His fine work was a great factor in the decisive win.

Coach Huntington remarked that he was very surprised that the team won by so great a margin, and called many of the tallies "freaks" and "squeeze goals."

The '55 team will play its last game against Yale in the Arena this Saturday. On the basis of comparative records the Yardlings are topheavy favorites.