Nine Faces Springfield, Amherst Over Weekend

Donelan Starts Today Against Maroon Team As Varsity Begins Two-Game Road Trip

The varsity baseball team takes to the road again today for two weekend games, one this afternoon against Springfield and another tomorrow with Amherst.

It will probably run into good pitching, for both of its opponents have already defeated Yale. In today's contest, Gymnast coach Archie Allen plans to start either righthander Jim Pelcher, who allowed the Elis only two hits on April 17th, or Hank Tominaga, a diminutive Hawaiian southpaw with a good fast ball and curve.

Tomorrow, at Amherst, Crimson batters will probably face the Lord Jeff's ace southpaw Will Wilson, who shut them out on three hits last year, 4 to 0.

Stuffy McInnis has Jack Donelan ready for the first game. A righthanded control pitcher, Donelan has not seen service so far this season. Either Bob Ward or Rufe Webb will get the starting assignment against the Lord Jeffs.

The Crimson coach gave his men a day off yesterday. Since nine of their first ten games are on the road, McInnis feels that his team needs all the rest it can get. After the two weekend games the fourth and fifth contests in eight days). the varsity will face Brown at home on Wednesday, and Yale in a doubleheader at New Haven next Saturday.

Harvard's starting line-up against Specified will be the same one it used against Boston University, with the possible exception of second base. Melimis hasn't decided yet whether to start John Camera or Henry Young at the keystone. Corner was removed for a pinch hitter in the first inning against the Terriers, and Young filled in adequately for the rest of the afternoon.