O'Connor Paces Rally, Leverett Nine Squeezes by Puritans, 5 to 4

Winthrop almost achieved the upset of the House baseball season yesterday, but succumbed to a late Leverett rally, and lost, 5 to 4. It was the fourth straight win for the powerful--and undefeated--Bunnies.

Leverett southpaw Stu Lanier struck out four en route to his second victory, but it was the hitting of the Bunny batters, paced by outfielder Bucky O' Connor, that enabled Leverett to come from behind and win.

Another pitcher starred for another House in a different sport, as Kirkland softballer Marsh Harris pitched brilliant relief ball to preserve the Deacons' lead in their 11 to 6 victory over Lowell. Kirkland's Bill Clapp rapped out three hits.

Harris relieved starter Steve Willaby in the fourth inning, with Kirkland ahead, 7 to 5, and the bases loaded. He managed to prevent the Bellboys from scoring in that frame, and went on to gain credit for the win.

Despite a solid homer by Major Close, Eliot's softball team lost, 7 to 5, to a tenacious Adams club.

In tennis, Eliot beat Adams, 7 to 0, and Leverett utilized breaks to trip Lowell, 6 to 0.

House golf action at the Dedham Country Club saw Dunster edging Dudley, 3 to 2, while Adams and Leverett battled to a 2 1/2 to 2 1/2 tie. Kirkland took forefeit from Lowell, and Eliot utilized forfeits in three matches to humble Winthrop, 5 to 0.