Middlesex Smashes Freshman Ten, 13-3

Lacking initiative, drive, and spirit, the freshman lacrosse team was crushed 13 to 3 by a hard playing Middlesex squad. The Yardlings' misfortune began with the loss of their first string goalie. Steve Denhartog, who quit Saturday.

As Denhartog was himself a replacement for the injured captain, John Ogden, Coach Pickett was forced to play his third string man in that position.

Other problems were equally apparent; listless running and stickhandling by some men caused the loss of many scoring opportunities.

Crimson fans suffered through the first half as the Yardlings succeeded in taking only three unsuccessful shots while Middlesex scored six times. The prep schoolers opened the second half with two quick goals, but Tim Anderson put the Crimson into the scoring column when he took a loose ball and bounced it past the Middlesex goalie.

In the fourth period Jim Dorsey came down the center and scored unassisted at 4:38. Anderson scored the Crimson's third and final tally on a solo dash at 3:55 of the final quarter.