Thomas Lamont Elected To Corporation Position

Chosen to Replace Henry L. Shattuck

The Board of Overseers yesterday approved the election of Thomas S. Lamont '21 to the seven man University Corporation. As a Fellow of the College Lamont seconds Henry L. Shattuck '01 who resigned after 23 years of service.

The Corporation consists of the President and Treasurer both ex office and Eve Fellows elected for life. Its major actions are subject to review by the 30 man Board of Overseers elected by the Alumni.

Vice President of J.P. Morgan

Vice President of J.P. Morgan and Co. Inc. Lamont was a former secretary of the Class of '21 and served as an Overseers from 1945-51. He is President of the Board of Trustees of Phillips Exerted Academy and a trustee of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and of the Academy of Political Science. He was president of the 1920 CRIMSONS.

After graduating from the College Lamont studied at Trinity College In Cambridge and then entered the banking souse of J.P. Morgan and Co. becoming a partner in 1929. When the firm was reorganized in 1940 he became Vice President and a director.

Honorary Degrees

Shattuck graduate from the Law School in 1904 and holds the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws from Williams College and from National University of Inland.

He has several on the Loyalty Review Board of the U.S. Civil Service Commission since 1947 and was a member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives from 1920 to 1930 and again from 1942 to 1948.

Shattuck was director of the New Boston Committee chairman of the Boston Municipal Research Bureau and a member of the Council of the National Municipal League.