Class Day Committee Releases Graduation Week Schedule

Five days of hectic activities ranging from the raucous to the reverent will open for seniors on Sunday, June 15, the Class Day Committee announced yesterday. The full schedule of events is listed below along with pertinent information. Prices of events for which tickets are on sale can be obtained through the Committee.

SUNDAY, JUNE 15--Baccalaureate service in Memorial Church at 3:30 p.m. Sermon by President Conant. The baccalaureate procession forms in front of Holworthy at 3 p.m.; seniors should wear caps and gowns. Guests, who will be admitted without tickets, are urged to arrive early.

MONDAY, JUNE 16--The Senior Spread in the Lowell House courtyard. Formal outdoor dancing from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. along with a midnight supper. Tickets on sale.

TUESDAY, JUNE 17--Class Day exercises beginning at 3 p.m. in Sever Quadrangle. There will be orations--humorous and otherwise--, the Class song will be sung, the Class poem will be read, the Class colors will be presented. The procession will form at Widener at 2:30, seniors wearing cap and gown. Guests will be admitted without tickets.

Tuesday evening--Moonlight cruise aboard the S.S. Boston Belle for seniors, their dates, their parents, their friends. Liquor, beer, and dancing will be available on board. Tickets on sale. Bus transportation from Harvard Square to the Belle's pier at Rose Wharf will be available at extra cost.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18--Navy commissioning ceremony at 11 a.m. in Lamont Forum Room at which 74 seniors will receive commissions. Admission by invitation only.

Wednesday afternoon--Yale baseball game starting at 3:30 p.m. Seniors congregate in Eliot-Kirkland-Winthrop triangle to march with reunion classes to game. Beer will be served at game.

Wednesday evening--Informal buffet supper for seniors and guests from 6 to 8 p.m. in Lowell courtyard. Tickets on sale. There will be a Band and Glee Club concert at the Tercentenary Theatre beginning at 8:15 p.m. No tickets, all invited. From 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. there will be an informal Senior-Alumni dance in the Lowell courtyard. Parents and friends are invited, tickets are on sale.

THURSDAY, JUNE 19--Commencement exercises in the Tercentenary Theatre. The chapel service for seniors only will begin at 9 a.m. in Memorial Church. The procession will form in front of Thayer at 9:30. Caps and gown must be worn for both service and procession. Actual awarding of diplomas will be made by the Housemasters at lunch in the House. Seniors and guests invited. Graduating seniors will also be able to eat at the expense of the Alumni Association at its luncheon in front of Matthews from 12:15 to 1:15. Free.

Thursday afternoon--Alumni Association meeting at 2 p.m. in the Tercentenary Theatre. Seniors, or rather fledgling alumni, are welcome at the meeting, at which some of the recipients of honorary degrees will speak. No caps, no gowns.

INCIDENTAL INFORMATION: The Tercentenary Theatre is bounded by Widener, Memorial Church, University Hall, and Sever. The Sever quadrangle is formed by Sever, Robinson Hall, and Emerson... Names of honorary degree recipients are never officially released until the day of Commencement itself... President Conant's Commencement formula in conferring the A.B. degree runs "By the power invested in me by this University, I welcome you to the fellowship of educated men."