Crime A.C. Cops Beisbol Bonnet, 23-2; 'Poon Paddlers Push Prow Past Fast

Racking up 22 runs on three hits, a half-gainer, and an incurl bunched in the seventh inning, the Crimed nine awept to its traditional 36th victory over an undermanned Lampoon Friday, 23 to 2. The game was called on account of the severe erosion of home plate.

No such luck befell the swift Crimson eight which, sleepless from a night of meticulous proofreading, after the nine tussle was forced to row the Olympic half-mile sprint course on a wind-whipped Charles against a tenman 'Poon shell, powered by a small auxiliary marine engine imported from Japan.

Getting off to a commanding lead, the editors' eight ran into its first bad break when its number three man doubled up a scant five strokes from the start with acute gastroenteritis and was forced to take the emergency measure of swallowing his oar. Undaunted, the scribes retained their commanding lead over the fast stroking 'Poon, but adversity struck the editors once again when a species of highleaping truot sprang from the river and into the lap of the Crimson cox, temporarily blinding him.

When the editors ha dpried their boat from the rocks and dismantled the breeches buoy, the 'Poon had picked up a commanding lead, but ignoring the water now lapping into their boat, the surviving editors raised their stroke to an unprecedented 12, and had once again caught the 'Poon when, passing beneath the Weeks bridge, the shell was struck and sunk by a would-be suicide, finally allowing the 'Poon to win by a mere two lengths over the 23-cable-length course.