Eliot Boat Edges Eli's Pearson; Blue Wallops Bunnies in Tennis

Eliot's crew and Leverett's tennis team played two Yale colleges at New Haven this weekend; but while the crew won--by a narrow, two second margin--the tennis team lost all except one of its seven matches.

A third intramural contest was settled over the weekend when Dunster won the House track meet with a total of 42 points. Lastly, Dudley's golf team lost to Yale's Silliman 4-1.

In crow, the Elephants captained by Doug Fletcher, began the three-quarter mile race a length behind Yale's Pearson. During the body of the race, Eliot cox Dick Mann raised the stroke to 31 and passed the Pearson boat by just over a length.

Near the finish, Pearson caught up to within half a length of the Eliot boat. This put the Elephants two seconds ahead in a time of four minutes, 21 seconds.

Herb Skerry was the only Leverett tennis player out of his seven man team to win against Yale's Calhoun College Losing teammates were: Bob Hirsch, Paul Garrigue, Pete Briggs, Al Stone, John Stokes, and Neil Schulman.

Leverett Last

In the track events, Dunster's 42 points bettered second place Eliot by 3 1/2 points. Dudley was third with 36 1/2. Kirkland fourth with 34, 1/2 Winthrop fifth with 34, Adams sixth with 5, and Leverett last with 1 1/2.

Dick Johnson of Dunster won the 100 yard dash in 10 3 10 seconds, as well as the 220 yard dash in 22 5/10 seconds. Later, Jim Little of Winthrop won both the 440 yard run and the 880 yard run, with times of 54 8/10 second and 2 minutes 7 1/10 seconds respectively.