Resorts Call Exam-Weary Harvard Men

"Exams are too much with us," a wise scholar once said, Everyone today recognizes this fact, and yet the big problem still remains; where to go when one wants to get away from the brooding pressure of the blue-books.

Escape to distant parts is always the traditional method of evading responsibility, while taking a girl with you makes that escape infinitely more enjoyable. What, therefore, could be more logical than taking off with some beauty to a local spot known for its food, dancing liquor, or all three? The truth of the matter is that nothing could be more logical than this, yet the difficulty still remains of finding a suitable spot.

Places in the Square hardly provide any means of escape. In any local bistro at this time of year you will probably find the people in the opposite booth discussing an exam and the people in the adjoining booth studying for one. Local spots, therefore, are out of the question, so far as the well-informed Harvard man is concerned.

The place to go is away. Away is a varying matter. It can mean right over the river to Novak's Towne Terrace or it can mean off in the direction of Wellesley. There is one school of thought that believes the farther the better.

Places such as The Totem Pole or Norumbega Park are well-known to many Harvard men, and hardly need further mention here. One spot that has been drawing an increasing part of the Crimson crowd is the King Phillip in Wrentham, which has gained its popularly by emphasing dancing opportunities. Prices are very reasonable here, too. It is just off Route 1.

The Meadows on Worcester Road near Framingham is also a favorite dance-and drink spot, renowned for its inepensive cocktails. The afore-mentioned Novak's is making a new bid for the college crowd. Located on Beacon Street in the Long-wood section, it is especially pleasant in the spring and summer.