Class of 1952 To Hold First Meeting May 8

Speeches, Band, Beer Will Mark Gathering

A new page in Harvard history will open at 8:30 p.m. next Thursday evening when an anticipated 600 members of the Class of 1952 convene in the Eliot House Courtyard for the first pre-gradation reunion in the memory of the College.

Although timed as an early celebration of Regatta Weekend, the main purpose of the meeting is to reunite for an evening a class which has been split into seven pieces ever since freshman year.

Class Officers Will Speak

This reunion will also enable the leading class officers to give to the graduating seniors necessary information concerning graduation week and future class organization.

Warren D. Wylie '52, former football captain and chairman of the Class Day Committee, will outline plans for Class Week, while Chase N. Peterson '52 will sketch out the structure of the class after graduation. John L. Lewis '51 is to act as master-of-ceremonies during the brief speechmaking intermission and will introduce the Secretary, the Treasurer, and four Class Agents.

Two Dinners

Fifteen hundred cups of free beer (also Coca-Cola for abstainers), a continuous concert by Schneider's Silver Cornet Band, and a warm, post-general examinations, spring evening are expected to lure over half of the graduating class to the gathering. Arrangements will be cancelled in the event of rain.

Two House dinners--at Leverett and Adams--will also take place that evening, but will finish in time to allow those seniors to attend the reunion. The procedings wil lend shortly after dark.