Golfers Top Wesleyan; To Oppose Elis Today

Varsity golfers added Wesleyan to their list of victories yesterday, but they may have trouble this afternoon when they meet a skilled Yale squad in New Haven.

Undefeated in three straight matches, the squad beat Wesleyan 5 1/2 to 1 1/2 at the Edgewood Golf Club in Cromwell, Conn. Continuing his string of fine performances third man Bill Timpson was Medalist, firing a 74 to crush Jim Stiles 7 and 6.

Other Crimson scores ranged in the 75-80 region, due to their total unfamiliarity with the course and a sweeping wind. First man Dusty Burke topped Steve Brown, 1 up and Captain Paul Weissman. In second position, halved with Bob Charing.

Only Harvard loss was suffered by fourth man Dave Hedberg, beaten 6 and 4 by Jim Reat, Mitch Rosenholtz, playing fifth, downed Ron Daniels, 4 to 3. Jack Brophy and George Wheeling, sixth and seventh on the Crimson ladders, scored 6 and 4, and 7 and 6 victories over Jim smith and Jim Steller.

Toughest Match

Today's match with Yale is regarded as the toughest of the season. The Elis, last year's Eastern Intercollegiate champions and holders of a 4 and 1 record this year, are favored on their home course.

Crimson coach Frank Richart intends to start the same lineup he used successfully against Wesleyan.

Freshman golfers also meet Yale today. Starters will be Bruce Thurmond. John Parsons, Pete Malkin, Jim Jones John Walsh, Mayer Hecht, and Dave Strassler.