Tennis Team Will Try for Revenge Against Davidson

Revenge figures to be the varsity tennis team's motive today when it meets Davidson at 3:45 p.m. on the Soldiers Field courts. The North Carolina college has trounced the Crimson twice in each of the varsity's last two spring vacation southern trips, but this year is the first time that Coach Jack Barnaby's squad has had a chance to turn the tables on its home courts.

Saturday, the varsity extended its winning streak to eight matches and five straight at home by trouncing Columbia, 7 to 2, at Soldiers Field. The same lineup which will play today opposed the Lions in singles. Captain Charlie Ufford, John Rauh, Art French, Gene Mann, and Don Bossart all won their matches in that order, with only Dave Watts losing, at number five.

The first three doubles combinations were given a rest Saturday after the match was clinched, but they are sure to play today. Ufford and Bill Goodman will play one, with French and Watts second and Rauh and Bossart third. Herb Stone and Terry King and Donn Spencer and Frank Goodman won the first and second doubles matches Saturday. Mike Ward and Paul Trinchieri lost their match at third doubles.