'27 Wines, Dines, Throws Airplanes At Pops Concert

Symphony Hall was more smoke-and-gayety-filled than a Chicago hotel room last night as the reunioning class of 1927 and their guests ate, drink, and cheered the music of Arthur Fiedler's Boston pops Orchestras.

Five bus loads of celebrants rolled away from the Union early in the evening, with the sirens of a motorcycle escort, plus the gratis contribution of Cambridge Fire Department sirens, adding to the din.

The reunioners kept two bars and large crew of waitresses working over-time at Symphony Hall. The Warmth and humidity of the Hall was soon submerged and forgotten in a rapid round of high halls, dinners, highballs, greetings, highballs, music, highballs, singing and wine.

Keiser cheered

Popular as the music of Fiedler was the crowd gave its most resounding welcome to pianist classmate David M. Keiser. Keiser received a standing ovation after his performance of Mozart's Concerto in major.

The junior group of sons and daughters arrived from dinner at the Union and filled the first balcony just before the start of the concert. Informality is the keynote of the Boston Pops, and by in termination a balcony-launched blitz of paper airplanes a blackened the skies over the hall. By the close of the concert the orchestra and Fiedler himself were engaging in the paper air-raid.

Whether or not the flow of fluids had anything to do with it, the second half of the concert proved the most popular, with the audience joining in on Harvard songs and well-known ballads of -or 1927 vintage.