Moe Baldwin's 35 Markers Pace Lacrosse Team; Yost, Aiello Trail

Robert "Moe" Baldwin led the varsity lacrosse team in scoring over the 1952 season, figures released yesterday by the Athletic Association disclosed.

The lanky senior attackman belted home a total of 18 goals and 17 assists in 12 games. Both figures were high for the team. Lloyd "Monk" Aiello, another attackman, finished second to Baldwin with 24 points. Ned Yost, the third member of the Crimson's starting attack trio, followed with 17 points.

Significant in the totals was the fact that three midfielders--Pete Brooke, Phil Waring, and captain-elect Ron Huebach--scored five or more times. The scoring punch of the midfielders, particularly on the Crimson's famous "cut-in" play, was in large measure responsible for the team's early-season success.

The Crimson ended the year with a record of five wins, six losses, and one tie. VARSITY LACROSSE SCORING (Seniors' Names Capitalized)   G  A  TP R. BALDWIN  18  17  35 Aiello  11  13  24 YOST  14  3  17 BROOKE  9  3  12 Huebach  7  0  7 Waring  5  1  6 C. Baldwin  4  2  6 OTIS  3  3  6 Curtis  1  6  6 Edwards  2  0  3 SAWYER  3  0  3 Goodwin  1  2  3 Larsen  1  0  1 Wood  1  0  1 BYRNE  0  1  1