Law School Women Are Average Students

When the Law School finally decided to admit women in 1949, there were mutterings about disrupting influences and lowering of standards. Today, as the third group of Portias register, there will be few adverse comments.

In two years, there have been virtually no reprecusscions or dire affects from the female assault. "They've been completely and easily absorbed into the school" is the way Dean of Admissions Louis A. Toepter puts it.

Law School records indicate that the females have done about as well as the male students. Although no Law School woman has as yet made the Law Review, there have been few failures.

Of the fourteen original "pioneers," twelve are still in school, one dropped out to have a baby, and only one failed to pass. Twelve women still remain in the second-year group, and the same number is expected to register today for the class of '55.

Dean Toepfer, summing up the admissions outlook, said, "We expect applications from women will stay pretty much on the same level for the next few years. We're perfectly happy with the present set-up."