Large Grants Of Rockefeller Cash Received

Rockefeller money to the amount of $769,500 has been poured into the University's treasury in the past two years to finance research projects, the Rockefeller Foundation annual report announced this week. The figure does not include grants-in-aid and other scholarship money awarded to Harvard graduate students and faculty members.

The University received one of the largest shares of the Foundation's money, as compared to other private institutions. Yale University, for example, was awarded but $284,900 in the same period, the years 1950 and 1951.

The Harvard projects which in that period were awarded funds by the Rockefeller Foundation are the following:

A study in adult development by the Department of Hygiene, for three years $15,000

Research in enzyme chemistry for four years--$18,000

Study of social and cultural factors in child development by the Laboratory of Human Development, for two years and three months--$41,000

Preparation of a descriptive analysis of the contemporary Russian language, for five years--$50,000

Research on physiological aspects of the development of behavior patterns at the laboratory of Social Relations, for five years--$75,000

Basic studies in chemotherapy--$15,000

Research in cellular anatomy in the

Medical School, for seven years and three months--$64,000

Research on the biological and medical importance of trace elements--$100,000

Economic research, for four years--$140,000

For the Laboratory of Human Development in studies of social and cultural development, for three years--$64,500

For the Laboratory of Social Relations in completion of a study of comparative values in three cultures, for five years--$100,000

For the Research Center in Entrepreneurial History--$10,000

Studies in labor movements and collective bargaining in certain Western European countries--$5,000

Studies of state elections statistics, for three years--$47,500

Special grant-in-aid fund for salaries and/or expenses of visiting scholars at the Research Center in Entrepreneurial History, for two years--$10,000.