Hasty Pudding Cries for Men To Act, Produce 105th Show

The Hasty Pudding Show this week starts officially on its 105th Production. This year's book was written by John Hubbard, '53, Powell Cabot, '53, and Douglas Bunce, '52. The score is by Blair Weill, '53. The show opens all the positions in its cast, and production staff to all sophomores, juniors and seniors in the college, not on probation. The casting will start on October 6th, but starting today the available production staff openings will be filled. Any undergraduates interested should leave their name at the Pudding office.

The show this year has a Western setting and is to be directed by Mr. Donald Fisher of the Danbury Melody Fair. The opening night is in Cambridge, December 2nd, and after two weeks in Cambridge the show goes on a two week tour, with time out for the holiday before its last five nights in New York at the end of the year. This year's show tour hopes to cover several cities in New England, and then move to Washington, and possibly another southern stop before Christmas. The first Pudding show was produced in 1844, giving it the claim to the oldest musical-producing group still in operation in the country.