Runners Gain Support From Single Stars

Bill McCurdy's first Harvard track team--undefeated in its three meets--moves into the second part of its schedule with enough individual stars to make a good showing in big AAU meets, and enough depth and ability to win at worst, all but one dual meet.

The first three meets for the Crimson--against Rhode Island, Boston University and Boston College--proved to be little more than glorified time trials; Harvard scored 244 points to a combined opponents' total of 93.

Bob mello, Bob Twitchell, Rob Rittenburg, Hubie Maguire and Bob Curran were consistent Crimson winners, and sophomores Warren Little, Herble Collins, and Dave Ingle also same through well.

Mellow had a bad night in the K. of C. pole vault, and missed third place honors there. A bad spill in the third leg of the mile relay stymied a fine Crimson entry in the same meet.

Howe Enter B.A.A. Meet

The Crimson will enter one quarter miler in the B.A.A. meet Saturday. Last week Howe and Rittenburg did time trials in Briggs Cage for the post. Both did 50 flat, but since Rittenburg will be in the hurdles too, Howe will get the shot. Rittenburg will enter the hurdles in the Millrose games in New York City tomorrow night.

But a lot of Power in the Crimson's indoor showings from now on will come from two freshmen. Norm Bruck, a fine from two freshmen. Norm Bruck, a fine sprinter from New Jersey, won his heat in the K. of C., but got a bad start in the semi-final. Dave Alpers, a teammate, is a fine 440 man, who did a 51 in time trials last week.

The chances are that unless Twitchell comes back, Yale will have too much for the varsity; even with Twitchell it will be an uphill fight. Twitchell will definitely be back for the outdoor season, and there again the Crimson should meet the Blue undefeated, perhaps, like last year, to stay that way.