Unbeaten Crimson Teams Risk Records Today

Wrestlers Enter N.E. Competition for AAU Honors

Crimson wrestling captain Johnny Lee, two time New England AAU champion at 125.5 pounds, will lead a squad of five teammates in the 1953 version of this meet at the Boston Y.M.C.A. today. A winner in this event in 1950 and 1951, Lee was kept out of the meet last year by a knee injury.

Another Crimson entrant at 125.5 pounds will be Lee's understudy, Don Fern, a sophomore. Chick Chandler's weight class, under the Olympic system in use tomorrow night, will be 165.5.

Freshmen captain Dick Hook will face the toughest test of his wrestling career, in a meet which will draw competitors from among the best of the college and club wrestlers in New England.

Rounding out the Crimson's entries will be the veteran George Bates, a junior, at 191.

Face Army

Tomorrow's meet is an individual affair and all Crimson athletes entered are competing on their own. The next big test for the varsity will be Feb. 7, when powerful Army comes to the I.A.B. On the same afternoon, the freshmen meet Brown at Providence.

Having scored consecutive victories over B.U., M.I.T., Amherst, Tufts, and Williams, the Crimson is expected to have trouble maintaining its unbeaten streak against Army.