Five Faces Cornell Tonight; Sextet Ready for Dartmouth

Experiment and innovation marked varsity hockey practices yesterday, but Cooney Weiland is expected to have the Crimson six pretty well settled down for the Dartmouth game tomorrow.

The Green, however, may be less than usually dangerous this year. Opening the Pentagonal League season at Hanover Saturday night, the team has played one game so far beating Norwich, a low-

Ed Mrkonich, who got a try-out on the forward line in practice will probably be back at his old spot on the defense, while Dick Clasby who played second line against M.I.T. Wednesday night will probably return to the first line.

Dong Manchester, ailing slightly will not play unless he is in top shape according to team members. But Welland has drummed up a good looking hue consisting of George Chase at right wing. Frank Mahency at center, and Scoot Cooledge on the left. Chase has been on the first line at intervals throughout the season.

Jeff Coolidge will team with Mrkonich on the first defense, with Tony Patton and Jim O'Brien on the second, Ned Almy and George Buehler for insurance. Brad Richardson will probably start in the goal, although Carl Hathaway played a fine game against M.I.T.

The Crimson goes into the contest, the last before exams, with a five win, one tie record. So far acclaimed the best in the East, it will be playing its first away game. Next game will be January 31.

Yardlings Play Today

Undefeated in four starts, the freshman hockey team goes after number five at 4 p.m. this afternoon against North-eastern in the Arena.

Starting for the Yardlings will be the same team that smothered a strong B.U. squad last Wednesday, 7 to 3. Captain and ace center Bill Cleary with 23 points to his credit is trying to up his average to six a game. He had four goals and two assists against B.U.

Northeastern is reported to have a fairly strong team, especially on defense with goalie Lawn its outstanding performer