Houses Differ on Princeton Prices

Kirkland and Winthrop may not be able to agree on prices for their Princeton weekend dances, it was learned yesterday.

Last week the two Houses decided not to pool profits by combining dances. It is believed now that Winthrop representatives refused to meet with Kirkland to decide on prices.

Kirkland dance committee chairman Bruce Phillips '54 last night refused to comment on whether Winthrop had refused to meet with his committee.

He did say, however, that Kirkland had not set its price yet. "The Princeton weekend is still more than two weeks away, and we've got plenty of time," Phillips said.

The Kirkland committee meets tonight to discuss dance plans. Phillips refused to say whether any Winthrop representatives would attend.

Last week Winthrop asked to combine with Kirkland, but the Deacons refused to join. At that time Phillips said his House would charge $2.80 a couple. Winthrop chairman Richard C. Hirschorn, speaking for his House, said that although he wanted to hold it jointly, Winthrop would do it alone.