Football Manager Caught Scalping Resigns Position

H.A.A. officials have accepted the resignation of a sophomore football manager who was accused of ticket scalping last week. Speculation that his resignation may have been due to official pressure has not been confirmed.

Director of Athletics Thomas D. Bolles revealed last night that the student is no longer a member of the managerial staff, but did not know whether the University had undertaken any disciplinary action against him. "I have no idea. That's up to the Administrative Board," Bolles commented.

Undergraduate football manager Francis N. Millett '54 was not available for comment on the resignation last night. Last week Millett had deprecated the scalping charges against the sophomore manager.

Scalping activities came to light Thursday in a letter to the CRIMSON from Neale C. Bringhurst '51. Bringhurst saw two tickets to the Dartmouth game advertised on a House bulletin board, and learned that they were being sold by a football manager, for $11.

"He informed me that he was not alone among the football managers in the practice of scalping," wrote Bringhurst. "'That's the way we make our money,' were his words."

The manager in question had sacrificed his chances for advancement in the managerial system by not returning for pre-season workouts. He was assisting the other managers as a "favor."