Council to Let Non-Members Aid in Reports

The Student Council voted last night to draft interested undergraduates for work on University problems. In the past, the Council has invited only certain qualified students to cooperate in preparing Council reports on College issues.

Under a resolution proposed last night by David P. Bicks '55, chairman of the Report Committee, the Council would now authorize a standing group of undergraduates to help on any report they chose. The students will be picked from nominations made by Council members.

The Council formerly appointed as full-empowered members of the Council some of the specialized students who worked with it. One such appointment was made last night when John W. Stokes '54 was made a Council member for his work on the Junior Year Abroad Plan.

It is expected that though more students will be called on to work with the Council in the future, fewer will be appointed to Council positions.

At the meeting, David Bicks and Clifford L. Alexander '55 were chosen as the Council's representatives to the Executive Committee of the Salzburg Seminar. They will be the only undergraduates on the Committee and will represent the Council's position on Salzburg and its policies.

Robert A. Monks '54 also announced a Council program on which he and David Bicks will discuss parietal rules with House masters Gordon M. Fair of Dunster and Mason Hammond of Kirkland. The program will be broadcast Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m. over WHRB.

There was no new discussion on the proposal, announced last week, to coordinate the Council's investigations with those of Radcliffe on problems equally affecting both schools.