Lowenstein Back into Uniform; Not to Play Sat. Against Colgate

Carroll Lowenstein was back in uniform for the first time in three weeks yesterday as Coach Lloyd Jordan sent the Crimson football team through a long passing drill, but the slight quarterback is not expected to play against Colgate here Saturday.

Jordan pointed out after the practice that Lowenstein has not yet received a medical release for the game. He suffered a shoulder sprain in an inter-squad scrimmage and his only workouts so far had been in sweat clothes.

Lowenstein, Captain Dick Clasby, Dick Hoffman, and Joe Conzelman all shared in the passing practice. No body contact was involved.

Only one change may be made in the Crimson's starting lineup for the Colgate game. Jordan noted, "I don't know" whether Nick Culolias or Dick Koch will start at tackle.

The Colgate team will arrive at 11 a.m. this morning from Hamilton, N.Y., and has scheduled a practice at Soldiers Field at 3 p.m. this afternoon. The Red Raiders will make the trip without the services of at least one and probably two starting backs.

Coach Hall Lahar will definitely be without the services of Jack Spalik, another halfback, who is out with a pinched arm nerve, an injury suffered in the Raiders' game with Holy Cross last Saturday.

Captain Gary Chandler is still out with a bad knee, inflicted on the second day of practice. Chandler was a top-flight offensive end last season, but has been shifted to the backfield.