College News in Brief

Ray Dennentt Director of the World Peace Foundation, will keynote a model United Nations sessions on Monday, Nov. 16, in Sever 11, the U.N. Council has announced.

Debate will be held on the Arab-Israeli problem as closely as possible according to the rules of procedure of the U.N. Assembly. Each student will voice the opinion of a country of his choice.

Registration continues today in room 301 of the Student Activities Center, 52 Dunster St. Participants will be limited to 60 for the sake of reasonable discussion. Council officials hope foreign students will offer to represent their native countries in the session.

This is the first in a series of model assemblies. Another will be held in three weeks. They are offered to supplement

Community of Artists

Local art patrons have the opportunity this week to see the work of the Rock-pool Art Center, an unique community of Boston artists. During the winter, the program of the Harvard Athenaeum members follow their individual crafts, painting, sculpture, woodworking, and toy making. Summers, the men retreat to New Hampshire where they combine their talents on various projects. Each piece they turn out is designed as a general commodity rather than as an "ivory tower" art product. The Behn-Moore galleries, in the basement of the Brattle Theatre, will be exhibiting 400 Rockpool objects until November 24.

Bulls and Bears

Albert H. Gordon will speak to the Bull and Bear Club today at 4:15 p.m. on "The Role of Investment Banking." Mr. Gordon is a partner in Kidder, Peabody, and Co., a leading investment banking firm. Gordon was one of the defense witnesses called in the recent investment banking anti-trust case. The meeting is open to all students and will be held in Langdell South Middle at the Law School.

"Drumbeats and Song"

Competition for scripts for "Drumbeats and Song," Radcliffe's all-college production for the benefit of the Grant-In-Aid Fund, will close Nov. 20. Entrants must give the committee "a fairly definite ideas of the plot and several songs," according to Jane Flanders '55, chairman of the show.

The plot should deal with a well-known Harvard and Radcliffe situation, and should be designed for a large cast. Script auditions will begin the first week in December, as the performance is scheduled for March 12.

As in the past four years, the Harvard Band will present the first half of the program. The "Song" usually lasts an hour and a quarter and features an all-Radcliffe kickline, wearing black sweaters and red shorts.

Writers should contact Miss Flanders in Holmes Hall, or Miss Joseph in Moors Hall.