Bingham, New Football Manager, Selects Varsity, Other Assistants

Retiring Undergraduate Manager of Football Francis N. Millett, Jr. '54 of Chappaqua, N.Y. and Dunster House, announced last night that he will be succeeded by Charles W. Bingham '55 of Portland, Ore., and Leverett House next season.

Bingham, who moved up to the top post automatically, has chosen Emanuel B. Hudock '56 of Norristown, Pa, and Lowell House to replace him as varsity football manager.

Next fall's freshman manager will be Henry H. Gaffney '56 of Newtown and Eliot House. George V. Ziniger '55 of Cincinnati and Dunster House will serve as junior varsity manager for the second straight season Gaffney succeeds Milton J. Kostick '55 of Lynn and Adams House.

It was also announced yesterday that Harold L. Goldberg '57 of Dorchester and Dudley will receive his class numerals as the outstanding freshman candidate.

Five other Yardlings will join Goldberg in the competition for varsity manager next fall. These five other survivors of this season's freshman contest are John Carden, Leland Cole, Justin Freed, Morris Sherman, and Joseph Topjian.

The judges of the competition will be Hingham, Hudock, Gaffney, and Zininger. Millett, Bingham, Zininger, and Kostick were judges in Zininger, and Kostick were judges in this fall's sophomore competition.