THREE-WAY RUN-OFF

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Now that the Big Three football competition has ended in a three-way tie, I should like to suggest that a repeat performance be staged in the spring during the period once given over to spring practice. This would be played under the rules of 6-man football, and only those players who missed regular season games because of injuries would be eligible. Thus the disappointment of these players (and their fans) would be assuaged.

I cannot speak for all of the talent that Yale would put into the field, though with Ed Molloy and Jim Lopez passing to the first string ends, the Elis would certainly be dangerous. Harvard, of course, would field a team of stars. Hardy, Lowenstein, and Clasby would take their usual places in the backfield, and Coolidge would anchor the line. Cowles could be shifted to one end position; and there is, I believe, another eligible lineman to hold down the other.

However, Princeton would be a serious challenger to Harvard's supremacy, because of the depth of talent it would have available. Byron Shatter and wingback Earl Byrne, for example, would make a fine end combination . . .

Such a re-match, it can be seen, would offer a better comparison of the merits of the three teams than did the original series and, with such a galaxy of stars, would certainly be popular with the loyal supporters of the teams. Walter F. Cannon 6G