'Cliffe Girls Drop College Quiz Test

Radcliffe's Brain Trust was defeated, 200-105, by the University of Minnesota Saturday night on the College Quiz Bowl, an NBC sustaining program.

Representing Radcliffe intelligentsia were Phyllis Bodel '54, Nancy Fisher '54, Phyllis LaFarge '55, and Ruth Joseph '54, who each answered at least one question correctly. The girls will each receive a wrist watch as consolation.

Radcliffe correctly answered that George Washington had taken command of the Continental Army at Cambridge, (Minnesota said Lexington) but could name only three of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Asked what was written on the slate in the song "School Days," they incorrectly replied "I love you so." (Answer: "I love you, Joe.")

The program was aired by a two-way hook-up between Boston and Minneapolis. The network awarded the winning team $500 for their school.

Halfway through the program the girls were asked to explain the relationship between Harvard and Radcliffe in 20 seconds. "We're not quick enough, I guess," said one girl, who couldn't answer.