Yardling Eleven Ties Tigers, 6-6; TD Pass Nullified

A game-winning last-period Crimson touchdown pass was nullified by a penalty, and the Princeton freshman football team gained a 6 to 6 tie with the undefeated Yardlings Saturday. Princeton is also unbeaten.

The penalized play came late in the fourth quarter, when substitute quarterback Bill Allen tossed a touchdown pass to halfback Ron Eikenberry. Officials, however, called the play back, ruling that there was an illegal Crimson receiver down field on the pass.

Because of continuing rain and the resultingly muddy field, neither team was able to muster a sustained drive. But the Yardlings tied the score in the third period on a 60-yard pass play. Matthew Bottsford tossed a 25-yard pass, again to Eikenberry, who raced 35 yards to the goal line. The all-important conversion was partially blocked, and went wide.

Princeton took an immediate lead in the game, on successive plays by fullback John Futhey. On the opening play from scrimmage, Futhey plodded 50 yards to the Crimson three-yard line, and then followed with a dive over center for the touchdown. Jim Brechnitz failed on a quarterback sneak attempt for the extra point.

Bob Margarita's freshmen now wait two weeks before their next, and last game, against Yale, Nov. 20. The freshman B squad meets Maritime Academy next Saturday.