Lacrosse Team to Visit Florida, Not Bermuda, on Vacation Trip

Palm Beach, Fla., has replaced Bermuda as the site of the varsity lacrosse team's Christmas vacation tour.

Twenty-three members of the squad declared themselves "definitely interested" in the Florida trip yesterday as manager William C. B. Young '55 announced that the Bermuda venture was "positively off,"

The Island trip fell through when Yale's squad failed to arouse enough enthusiasm, Young stated. Promoters on Bermuda, moreover wanted the lacrosse teams to come with the soccer and golf teams or not at all.

In Florida an annual lacrosse forum and a Yankee-Rebel game between Northern and Southern players will be the main attractions.

The forum will include long practice sessions with the game's outstanding coaches, both on the field and on the blackboard. Sponsors of the program have promised that all participants in the forum will see action in the intersectional game.

Several of the Crimson players who had planned to go to Bermuda have voiced dissatisfaction with the Florida trip. There will be no subsidization by the H.A.A. for the Florida trip as would have been the case for the Bermuda project.