Varsity Five Meets Brown Tonight In Bruins' Inaugural EIBL Contest

The Crimson basketball team seeks its first Ivy league victory tonight at Providence; Brown seeks its first Ivy league victory.

For Coach Bob Morris' undefeated Bruins will be making their inaugural appearance in Eastern Basketball League competition after gaining entrance to the circuit last year. Game time is 8:30 p.m., following a 6:45 freshman preliminary.

Starting for the varsity, also undefeated, will be the same quintet which has opened the first two games of the season. Rollin Perry and Dick Manning will start at forward posts, team high scorer Harry Sacks will be opening center, and Captain Ed Krinsky and Bill Dennis will play guards.

The first Bruin five is spearheaded by Lou Murgo, a senior, who, averaged 21 points per game last year and has scored 35 in two games this season. Forwards Ed Tooley and Jim Pendorgast, and center Bill Arnold--all over six feet--will join Murgo in the opening lineup. The other starting guard is still unchosen.

Bruins Take Two

Like the Crimson, Brown has triumphed in two pre-league games. The Bruins edged Amherst, 56 to 51, in their opening game, and trimmed Northeastern, 73 to 62, last Wednesday.

Coach Norm Shepard's varsity walloped Boston University by a surprising 68 to 47 margin in its inaugural game, and defeated Wesleyan, 71 to 55, Wednesday, to win its second straight.

Yardling Coach Floyd Wilson plans to use the same starting lineup against Brown that started against Wesleyan. Bob Dolven and Rod Long, forwards; Lon Loweufels and Dick Hurley, guards; and Ike Cany, center.