Tony Caimi Wins Award for Spirit

Anthony A. Caimt '54, of Philadelphia and Winthrop House, received the William Pains LaCroix Memorial Award at last night's banquet for the varsity and junior varsity football teams, at the Harvard Club of Boston.

A guard for three seasons, Caimi was this past fall chosen to captain Norm shepard's junior varsity squad. A leg injury reduced his availability considerably this year. Also a Crimson wrestler, caimi graduated from Penn Charter School. He was the second jayvee player is a row is win the LaCroix nomination.

Honors LaCroix

The award that he received in given annually "to that members of the juniors varsity or varsity football squad who, by his enthusiasm for the game any by his sportsmanship, loyalty, and team spirit, most nearly demonstrates these qualities so characteristic of Bill LaCroix."

William LaCroix '42 was a member of the varsity, and the award was established in his honor after he died from injuries suffered while doing aircraft carrier duty in the Pacific theater during World War II. The recipient each year is chosen by a committee of coaches and friends of LaCroix. Tem Ossman, Joe Bhaw, and Howie Finney won the award in the three years of its history.

Ossman gained the honor as a varsity fullback his junior year; Shaw was a senior guard, and Finney, last year's winner, was a jayvee bask.