Two Song Groups Plan Spring Tour

Plans for a three-week cross-country tour this spring are now being made by the Glee Club and the Radcliffe Choral Society, Harry Kraut '54, Manager of the Glee Club announced yesterday.

About 60 Glee Club and Choral Society members will make the trip which will run from June 18 to July 11. They will probably give 16 concerts.

Kraut estimated the cost of the trip at about $18,000. Sponsors, which are new being arranged for, will be Harvard Club, alumni, and musical groups.

The tour will cover the Southern states, the Southwest, and the West Coast. The return trip will include Utah Colorade, and Missouri

Kraut said yesterday, "The Glee Club and the Choral Society have always attempted, both under Doc (Davison) and Woody (Woodworth) to establish the educational importance of serious choral music in the college and community life of America, and for such a purpose this trip might be well conceived."

This is the first time the combined groups have attemped a trip outside the East Coast area. In the spring of 1952, the Glee Club alone made a trip to the Middle West.