Parley to Cover Business Careers

Four businessmen will discuss opportunities in finance at 8 p.m. tonight in the Lowell Junior Common Room, for the third Conference on Careers.

Lewis B. Cuyler, Albert H. Gordon '23, and Carl R. Hauers '23 will speak at the session, which will be moderated by George E. Bates, professor of Business Administration.

Cuyler, vice president of the National City Bank of New York, will discuss "Banking." Before his association with the bank, he served with Blake Brothers and Co., of New York City, and as master at South Kent School. Cuyler is a trustee at Princeton.

The second speaker, Gordon, a partner in Kidder, Peabody, and Co., will speak on the "Investment Industry." A graduate of the University and the Business School, Gordon is a director of the Burlington Mills Corp., the Textile Banking Co., Commercial Credit Co., and the General Security Assurance Co.

"Insurance," the third topic, will be presented by Hauers, second vice president of the John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Company in Boston. Hauers is also vice president and director of Van Strum & Towne, Investment Counsellors. He is head of the Estate and Trust Department of Moody's Investors Service.