Squashmen Lose In 3rd Round of National Tourney

Crimson entries in the national squash championships at Buffalo this weekend were back in Cambridge yesterday after losing out in the early rounds.

Charlie Ufford was eliminated in the second round of individual play by four-time national champion Charlie Brinton. Ufford rallied after a weak start, but eventually lost to Philadelphia's Brinton 15-11, 15-11, 6-15, 11-15, 15-11. Ufford gained the second round after drawing a bye in the first.

In team competition the Crimson's top five men also drew a bye in the first round. In the second round they swept a match with Pittsburgh, 5 to 0, but lost to Philadelphia in the next, 4 to 1.

Against Pittsburgh, Dave Watts, Larry Brownell, and John Rauh won 3 to 0.

Brownell Wins, Others Lose

Brownell was the only winner against Philadelphia. He dropped his first game, 12-15, but won the next three 15-11, 15-5, 15-0.

Dave Watts was within a point of winning the fifth game of his Philadelphia match after one of the most exciting contests of the tournament. In the course of the event he broke two racquets, but came out on the short end of the 3 to 2 score.