Tufts, B.U. Trackmen Nip Crimson

A four point margin gained in earlier field events could not hold up last nigh as the varsity track team ended in third place after N.E.A.A.U. finals a Providence.

In last evening's running events, Tufts picked up 25 points, to finish the meet with a first place 35. The Crimson, with winning performances in the 600 and the mile relay, had 26%, while defending champion Boston University got 27 1/2.

Freshman Bob Morrison, on a slow track turned in a 1:19 effort to take the 600 yard run for the Crimson. The mile relay team of Warren little, Jack Richards, Paul Grand, and Alan Howe, nipped B.U. for another first.

Tuft's Boy Jones, who won the bred jump yesterday, took 11 points, and the meet's scoring honors. He tied last evening's high jump and finished third in the hurdles. Jumbo Jack Goldberg took first in the hurdles and fourth in the 50 yard dash, for six points. Brow 's Walter Molineux won the mile in 4:40.3, exactly 31 seconds slower than his Millrose time.

Previous weight and field events has given the Crimson team two first place winners.