Hockey Team Drops Second in Row, Losing to Hard-Skating Bruins, 3-1

By David W. Cudhea

PROVIDENCE, Feb, 7--A good boxer can always beat a mere slugger, but not when he can't move around.

That factor made the difference here tonight. A crude, rough Brown hockey team manhandled the Crimson which tried to play it smooth but never got a chance. The Bruins won 3 to 1.

It was obvious from the first minutes that the Crimson was going to have trouble skating. A combination of sticky ice tricky boards, and some hard checks by Brown managed to mess up almost every attack the Crimson got rolling.

Keefe Leads Brown

Danny Keefe Brown's star center did everything with his elbows but shoot. He still managed to score two goals including Brown's first at 3:58 of the opening session.

Crimson Captain Wait Greeley bounced on off the post at 2.35 for the Crimson's only seal. Pension butt up Broughout the second period, with some magnificent flurries and missed chances in front of both goals.

Everyone, including, if would seem, the players realized that wheever scored first in the third period would take the game Brown's Jack Farrell did it, pushing in a short shot from the left at 11:07. The Crimson began to will. Brown penved if on and at 14 18 Recie had another Both goals were seemed on rebounds. With Brad Richardson down and completely outangled in mass of his own men

Observers said Brown played its best game of the season, and it furthermore had the advantage of the unsual home surroundings. But Harvard undoubtedly played its worst. The Bruins had the jump too often; Crimson men couldn't hold the puck, skated slowly, and on their few breaks, never could get off a decent shot