Wrestlers Go To Princeton For Title Bids

Varsity wrestlers, including three New England AAU champions, will compete today and tomorrow in the Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Championships at Princeton, N.J.

Captain Johnny Leo, undefeated throughout the season in the 122 pound division, represents the Crimson's best chance to win a title. Chick Chandller at 167 and George Bates in the unlimited class are also highly ranked. All three are New England champion.

The only three teams to defeat the varsity in seasonal competition, Princeton, Yale, and Army, are among the Crimson's competitors in the Intercollegiates. Also competing are Columbia, Williams, Amherst, and Boston University. The Crimson ended its regular season with a 5-3-2 record.

Except for Lee, Chandler, and Bates, Coach Bob Pickett's lineup is still indefinite. But he expects brothers Dick and Bud Adams to start at 130 and 137 pounds, while Frank Dewar, Joe Hubbard, and Ken Culbert will probably wrestle in the 147, 157, and 177 pound divisions.

Dewar was voted "outstanding, performer" in the finals of the Intramural boxing championships, held Tuesday. He defeated Norm Wyner in the finals.