Five to Meet Yale Tonight; Dennis Nears Scoring Mark

It will be the last basketball game of the season for the varsity at Yale tonight It may also be the best.

Coach Norm Shepard believes his team has been steadily improving, and has a good chance of stopped Howard Hobson's precise performers.

Although the quintet cannot move out of last place in the Ivy League, a victory over the Blue would boost its overall record to a fairly respectably 8-wins, 16-losses for the season. The Crimson's Ivy League mark going into the game is two and nine.

"We outplayed Yale up here," Shepard said last night. "I don't see why we can't do it again." The Blue edged out the varsity, 70 to 68, in overtime at the IAB last Saturday.

Usual Lineup to Start

Shepard may spring a new defense in addition to the shifting man-to-man used in the last contest.

The usual starting lineup will open. Bill Dennis and Harry Sacks will start at forwards, Captain Dick Lionette, playing his last game for the Crimson, will open at center, and Ed Condon and Ed Krinsky will start at the guard posts.

Changes are expected in Yale's starting five. Spencer Schnaitter and John Weber will again start at forwards, but second team center Jim Plecas, whose last second basket won the game here, had been boosted to the starting post. Blair LeRoy and Jerry Labriola are slated to start at the guards.

Sometime tonight, no matter who wins, Bill Dennis should break the Harvard scoring record for one season. Dennis, according to unofficial calculation, has 383 points. He needs 11 to tie George Hauptfuhrer's record of 394, and 12 to break it. If he doesn't set record tonight, Harvard probably will not win.