O' Connor Tops Senior Vote For '53 Class Day Positions

Daniel John O'Connor of Lowell, Mass, and Eliot House led the field of ten seniors elected to the Class Day Committee last night.

The election was temporarily complicated when a three-way tie for ninth place occurred, but Marshall Station Harris of Miami and Kirkland House was eliminated by one vote in a recount.

Elected to the Committee were Richard L. Berkley of Kansas City, Mo. and Eliot House; Ted Briggs of Port Chester, N.Y. and Lowell House; Richard J. Fouquet of Bayside, N.Y. and Dunster House, Sidney George Kane of Dorchester; and Ridlon Joseph Kiphart of Cincinnati and Kirkland House.

Also named were Ronald P. Noonan of Somerville; Francis James O'Neil of Hartford, Conn. and Leverett; Thomas G. Vickery of Gibsonburg, Ohio and Adams; and Ralph Nathaniel Wharton of Brookline and Kirkland House.

The Committee was elected by plurality vote, with 65 percent of the senior class voting, co-chairman of the Student Council Election Committee Richard B. Baumgartner '52, announced after the election.

O'Connor, O'Neil, and Wharton were highest in the popular vote, polling 215, 199, and 196 votes respectively.

Three men in addition to Harris came within nine votes of last place on the Committee, which Kane and Vickery shared with 141 votes each. The three were William Lamson Soule, Jr. Daniel John Young, and Neal R. Shulman.