Experts Discuss Radio, Television, Movies at Forum

The heroic emotional person and the patient analytical man are the two types of individuals who push their way through to succeed in the motion pictures, radio or TV, Paul Raibourn, Vice-President of Paramount Pictures, said last night at the final Career Conference.

"Radio is a better medium than television will ever be," he said. "The brilliant pictures that form in your mind when you listen to the radio are something that television will never be able to pay for.

Louis de Rochemont, Executive Producer of the RD-DR Corporation, spoke on "Motion Picture Production." "There is nothing wrong with the movie industry that good pictures can't cure" he said. "We can thank television for the fact that no movie studio can survive now by turning out mediocre movies," he added.

Robert W. Sarnoff '39, of N.B.C., spoke on "Television." "This is an exciting, challenging field with tremendous opportunity for great rewards," he said.

Sylvester L. Weaver, Jr., vice-president of N.B.C., spoke on "Radio." Parker Wheatley, Director of the Lowell Institute Cooperative Broadcasting Council, moderated.

A crowd of about 100 people attended the conference in the Harvad Union Lower Common Room.