Senior Class Committee Will Be Selected Today

Seniors today will elect 12 classmates to the Permanent Class Committee from a record total of 71 candidates.

The election will be supervised by the Student Council, and all Houses except Dudley will vote at both the noon and evening meals. Dudley voted at noon yesterday and will vote again today at noon only.

The 12-man committee is chosen on the basis of plurality voting. The three candidates with the highest total of votes become Class Marshals; the First Marshal leads the class at commencement and heads the Permanent Class Committee.

Duties Explained

"In addition to running the class graduation, the Committee organizes reunions and acts as a liaison with the University," explained John Chatfield '55, Student Council member in charge of the election.

Chatfield added that the top men in the class were candidates for the Class Committee, the "highest elective student positions in the College."

Winthrop has 13 candidates running for office, the largest delegation from any House. Eliot and Leverett follow with 11 each.

Nomination for the Class Day Committee, which has charge of senior activities during Commencement Week will begin shortly. Elections are scheduled soon after.