Six to Battle Tigers; Quintet Faces Dartmouth

Battle of Defenses Seen at Dartmouth; Crimson Five Will Be at Full Strength

It may be The Shift versus The Collapse at Dartmouth's Alumni Gymnasium tonight when the Green entertains the varsity basketball team. It may also be The Switch.

The Collapse is Dartmouth's unique "T" formation which has confused opposing teams all season.

The Shift in the shifting man-for-man defense which Crimson Coach Norm Shepard believes was responsible for the varsity's earlier victory over the Green, 50 to 46.

The Switch is a new defense Shepard has hinted the team may use if The Shift doesn't work again. "We'll be prepared in any case," he added.

Close Game Predicted

The game should be close. Leading Dartmouth will be Fred Grieg, a smooth forward who is ninth in league scoring as of last week with 114 points.

Shepard believes Grieg is one of the three of four best players in the Ivy league. "He is certainly the most under-rated," he said.

Art Patterson, also high on the scoring list, will start at the other forward, and dangerous Paul Wisdom will probably start at center.

Glenn Wilson, another consistent scorer is slated for opening duty at one guard post, and Pete Geithner will probably open at the other. Dartmouth coach is Doggle Julian.

The Crimson will be at full strength for the game, with recent cold victims back in action.

Usual Lineup

Shepard will send his usual starting five into action at Hanover. Bill Dennis and Harry Sacks will start at forwards, Dick Linonette will be the starting center, and Ed Krinsky and Ed Condon will start at guards.

"We have a good chance to win if we play our best," Shepard said.

Dennis has moved to fifth spot in Ivy league scoring through last week. He has scored 49 field goals and 29 free throws for 127 points. Columbia's Tom Molinas leads the circuit with 237, and Ernie Beck of Penn is close behind with 230.

Sacks has scored 122 for seventh spot. Lionette is 26th with 65 points, and Krinsky 27th with 62.

Sacks leads the Crimson in shooting with a .358 percentage. Beck leads with a .416 mark.