Rittenburg Wins Four Events as Runners Top HC

Sophomore Bob Rittenburg, who never really gets going until late in the season, took more first places than the entire Holy Cross track team as the varsity smashed the Crusaders, 104 to 36, in the Stadium Saturday.

Rittenburg took four events to the visitors' three. He won the high jump with a leap of five feet ten inches, the broad jump with 21 feet and five-eighths inches, the low hurdles and the high hurdles. His time in the 120 lows was 15.8, and he did 25.2 in the 220 lows.

Twitchell, Dow Split

Bob Twitchell and Pete Dow split the 100 and 220 yard dashes. Dow taking the century in 10.1 with Twitchell second, and Twitchell taking the 220 in 22.1 with Dow second.

Weight man Bob Curran heaved the hammer over 163 feet for a first place there, while Phil Pratt captured the discus with a throw of 149 feet four and one-eighth inches.

The Crimson took the mile relay by default and swept the two mile, with Hubie Maguire taking first in 9:58.2. Hal Gerry was second and Marsh Childs third.

Holy Cross' Pete Sanderson outran Al Howe in the 440, with the Crimson's Jack Richards third. Sanderson's time was 50.3.

Bob Mello cleared 12 feet to take first in the pole vault, as George Vaillant and Ed Jacobson came in second and third to complete a Crimson sweep. Mello took second in the high jump.

Gil Murray won the shot with a heave of over 46 feet, with teammate Dirk Wallecks second. Herbie Collins took the javelin throw.