Ferguson Advocates Separating 'Voice' From State Department; Prisoner Talks Continue Today

WASHINGTON, April 5--Sen. Ferguson (R. Mich.) called today for action to strip the State Department of the Voice of America, and other operating agencies.

Ferguson, chairman of a Senate foreign relations subcommittee on State Department administrative problems, said he believes Secretary of State Dulles will advocate such moves in a drive for drastic reductions in personnel.

Ferguson said he is convinced Dulles wants to return the department to a purely policy-making organization and he supports that objective.

MUNSAN, Korea, Monday, April 6--United Nations and Communist liaison officers met in the truce village of Panmunjom today and began talks on immediate exchange of sick and wounded prisoners of the Korean War--talks that could lead to the end of the 33-month-old fighting.

It was the first time since full scale armistice negotiations broke down last Oct. 8 that high level delegates of the United Nations Command and the Red high command met across the conference table.